ON DEMAND VIDEOS
The HYDRO+ free monthly series offers a variety of opportunities to meet the needs of power industry professionals in addition to each of the energy markets we serve including – virtual experiences, timely content and education sessions, peer-to-peer networking, vendor product and service demonstrations and matchmaking assistance between decision-makers and sellers. Check out the schedule below:
After you join the community and make your account, view the ‘Event Agenda’ to learn more about these sessions and add them to your personal schedule. In order to access the session during the live event, you must add the sessions to your agenda by selecting the calendar icon. If you do this, you’ll receive reminders about the sessions before they begin with a link to view the session live.
To view past sessions on demand, you need to view the ‘Event Agenda’ and scroll up in the scheudule. Once in the session you wish to watch, you type in your email address where prompted and the video will start to play. You have to make an account to view the on demand sessions.
June 2021 Series: Market Trends
May 2021 Series: New Development
April 2021 Series: Around the World with Hydro
Around the World: Brazil Update
Hear testimonials from representatives and specialists with extensive experience in the development, construction and operation of hydroelectric plants in Brazil.
The benefits of hydroelectric plants for developing countries.
The current scenario of hydropower and its importance in the post-pandemic economic recovery.
Top Planning Tips for Laser Tracker Use During an Overhaul
- Make the most of your laser tracker when overhauling a vertical hydroelectric turbine by effectively planning for its time on site.
- With proper planning, laser trackers accurately provide an excellent all-in-one solution for reassembly alignment.
- Laser trackers can also verify the roundness and concentricity of the generator rotor and can be used to set up/align any in-place machining equipment.
Policies and Regulations: U.S. Hydropower Relicensing Trends and Updates
Industry experts discuss relicensing trends and the impacts of recent regulatory updates and decisions.
Observations as to how COVID-19 has influenced various aspects of the relicensing process.
Relicensing in the post-Electric Consumer Protection Act era.
Water Power Hydro Basics – Natural Resource Stewardship – instream Flows and Fish Passage
- This session will cover three key topics:
* Multiple uses of rivers
* Environmental considerations, such as fish, dissolved oxygen and dissolved gas, temperature, water quality, and environmental/ecological/instream flows
February 2021 Series: Equipment and Technology
March 2021 Series: O&M
January 2021 Series: New Development & Civil Works and Dam Safety
Silt Monitoring for Equipment Life and Environmental Compliance
- Silt loading and profile information, whether from the Rittmeyer flowmeter or other sensors, can be integrated into operating plans to manage wear and tear compared to the prevailing energy rates (run/don’t run decision), manage environmental impacts and compliance, and even provide a tool to manage turbine warrantees in tough installations.
Civil Works & Dam Safety: Real Life Simulation of Emergency Action Plans
- What happened when the emergency action plan was activated at Oroville Dam?
- How accurate are the assumptions we make in the emergency action plans on decisions, implementation and effectiveness?
- How would this work for our time-sensitive EAPs?
December 2020 Series: Hiring for Hydro
November 2020 Series: HYDROVISION Exchange
- Detailed discussion with the retired environmental compliance manager at Reclamation who oversaw this work and a technical sales representative from the company that manufactured the UV technology used
- Learn more about how to protect turbines and heat exchangers from mussel fouling
Energy Storage: Novel Approaches for Integrated Storage Systems
- The integration of three technologies into a single facility that can simultaneously provide clean energy generation, energy storage and fresh water
- How hybrid energy storage systems composed of Li-ion batteries and ultracapacitors can enable integrated hydropower and hybrid energy storage systems to provide fast frequency and voltage regulation