ON DEMAND VIDEOS
The HYDRO+ free monthly series offers a variety of opportunities to meet the needs of power industry professionals in addition to each of the energy markets we serve including – virtual experiences, timely content and education sessions, peer-to-peer networking, vendor product and service demonstrations and matchmaking assistance between decision-makers and sellers. Check out the schedule below:
After you join the community and make your account, view the ‘Event Agenda’ to learn more about these sessions and add them to your personal schedule. In order to access the session during the live event, you must add the sessions to your agenda by selecting the calendar icon. If you do this, you’ll receive reminders about the sessions before they begin with a link to view the session live.
To view past sessions on demand, you need to view the ‘Event Agenda’ and scroll up in the scheudule. Once in the session you wish to watch, you type in your email address where prompted and the video will start to play. You have to make an account to view the on demand sessions.
February 2021 Series: Equipment and Technology
January 2021 Series: New Development & Civil Works and Dam Safety
Silt Monitoring for Equipment Life and Environmental Compliance
- Silt loading and profile information, whether from the Rittmeyer flowmeter or other sensors, can be integrated into operating plans to manage wear and tear compared to the prevailing energy rates (run/don’t run decision), manage environmental impacts and compliance, and even provide a tool to manage turbine warrantees in tough installations.
Civil Works & Dam Safety: Real Life Simulation of Emergency Action Plans
- What happened when the emergency action plan was activated at Oroville Dam?
- How accurate are the assumptions we make in the emergency action plans on decisions, implementation and effectiveness?
- How would this work for our time-sensitive EAPs?
December 2020 Series: Hiring for Hydro
- Where hydropower stands today
- Trends that may continue
- New trends that are developing
- What the future is likely to hold for this exciting industry.